IMPACTING YOUR WORLD THROUGH GODLY LEADERSHIP THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH AND BELIEVERS
Updated: Jun 14, 2021
WHAT IS EVANGELISM?
• Evangelism is the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ in order to convert unbelievers to Christianity.
"All religions are not the same. All religions do not point to God. All religions do not say that all religions are the same. At the heart of every religion is an uncompromising commitment to a particular way of defining who God is or is not and accordingly, of defining life's purpose. Anyone who claims that all religions are the same betrays not only an ignorance of all religions but also a caricatured view of even the best-known ones. Every religion at its core is exclusive" - Ravi Zacharias
WHOSE TASK IS EVANGELISM IN THE CHURCH?
• Every believer : Matthew 28:19 – 20, Mark 16:15, 2 Cor 5:17-20
• Believers who operate in the office of evangelists.
• Evangelism committees/units.
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?
• The Gospel is the good news about the death, the burial, the resurrection and the ascension of Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:1 - 4
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL MADE UP OF?
· The DEATH of our savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. : He died. (1 Corinthians 1:23,24)
· The BURIAL of Jesus Christ: He was buried for 3days and 3nights. Matthew 12:40
· The RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ
WHY IS PREACHING THE GOSPEL IMPORTANT?
· ONLY THE GOSPEL CAN SAVE SINNERS: The Gospel is the power of God unto Salvation (Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 1:18)
· WE REPRESENT GOD ON EARTH: He has entrusted into our hands the ministry of reconciliation (2 Cor 5: 17-20)
· GOD IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE DEATH OF SINNERS: Eze 33:11, 2 Pet 3:9
· BECAUSE OF THE LOVE OF GOD: 2 Cor 5:10-11
· BECAUSE OF THE TERROR/WRATH OF GOD: 2 Cor 5:14
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s) FOR DISCUSSION
• Can all people be saved?: (Isa 55:1-7, Titus 2:11,)
• Has God chosen people who will be saved?: Ephesians 1:4-5
• I have sinned too much, is God willing & able to save?: 1 John 4:19, Heb 7:25
• Can we do things to entice sinners to come to church?: 1 Cor 2:1-5
• Can I befriend an unbeliever in order to convert him?: Jude 1:22-24
WHAT IF THE GOSPEL DOES NOT ATTRACT SINNERS
• The work of Satan (2 Cor 4:3-4, 2 Cor 10:3-6).
• Jews wanted signs and Greeks wisdom, but Paul preached Christ (I Cor 1:21-24).
• Paul determined to avoid polished presentations to prove their faith (I Cor 2:1-5).
• Jesus knew when men were following Him merely for natural bread (John 6:26).
• Kind favor or miracles cannot change the heart to believe (Is 26:10; Luke 16:31).