LOVING THE UNLOVABLES: THE JESUS WAY
The Bible admonishes all believers to love unconditionally like Jesus Christ loved us. His love is supposed to radiate freely out of us to people because we are a reflection of His Person here on earth. How easy is it to express love to a difficult boss, a hostile work colleague, a person who simply refuses to return love, an unloving or unbelieving spouse and persons of other faith?
· (Romans 12:9 – 21, Matthew 5 – 7)
The Jesus Way of Loving
· Make peace with the person whom you have offended (Matthew 5:23).
· Do not retaliate when you are offended (Matthew 5:38 – 39).
· Go the extra mile in giving to others (Matthew 5:40 – 42).
· Pray for the person who mistreats you (Matthew 5:44).
· Forgive those who have offended you (Matthew 6:12, 14).
· Do not judge others (Matthew 7:1 – 4).
Love As Taught By The Apostles
· Be sincere in your love for others (Romans 12:9).
· Excel in honouring each other (Romans 12:10).
· Take care of other Christians and be hospitable to strangers (Romans 12:13).
· Ask God to bless your enemies (Romans 12:14).
· Share in the joys and sorrows of each other (Romans 12:15).
· Do not discriminate or show partiality (Romans 12:16 – 17).
· Make room for the vengeance of God (Romans 12:18 – 19).
· Do good to your enemies (Romans 12:20 – 21).
· Are there any lessons that we can take from this study?
· What new thing do you hope to be able to do?