The Bible admonishes all believers to love unconditionally like Jesus Christ loved us. His love is supposed to radiate freely out of us to people because we are a reflection of His Person here on earth. How easy is it to express love to a difficult boss, a hostile work colleague, a person who simply refuses to return love, an unloving or unbelieving spouse and persons of other faith?
· (Romans 12:9 – 21, Matthew 5 – 7)
The Jesus Way of Loving
· Make peace with the person whom you have offended (Matthew 5:23).
· Do not retaliate when you are offended (Matthew 5:38 – 39).
· Go the extra mile in giving to others (Matthew 5:40 – 42).
· Pray for the person who mistreats you (Matthew 5:44).
· Forgive those who have offended you (Matthew 6:12, 14).
· Do not judge others (Matthew 7:1 – 4).
Love As Taught By The Apostles
· Be sincere in your love for others (Romans 12:9).
· Excel in honouring each other (Romans 12:10).
· Take care of other Christians and be hospitable to strangers (Romans 12:13).
· Ask God to bless your enemies (Romans 12:14).
· Share in the joys and sorrows of each other (Romans 12:15).
· Do not discriminate or show partiality (Romans 12:16 – 17).
· Make room for the vengeance of God (Romans 12:18 – 19).
· Do good to your enemies (Romans 12:20 – 21).
· Are there any lessons that we can take from this study?
· What new thing do you hope to be able to do?