“Oh my friends, we are loaded down with countless church activities, while the real work of the church, that of evangelizing and winning the lost is almost entirely neglected”
Oswald J. Smith
· Appraisal of evangelistic activities for the year
· Commendation for Evangelism team and other individuals
What Is The Role Of Obedience In Evangelism?
· The message gets to the intended recipients.
o Philip’s obedience and the salvation of the Ethiopian Eunuch
o Peter’s obedience and the salvation of Cornelius & his household
o Paul’s obedience to the Macedonian call and ripple effects of salvation
§ Lydia, the Philippian jailor, Thessalonica, Corinth etc
· People give glory to God on our behalfs
· The Lamb of God that was slain receives the reward of His suffering
How Is This Obedience Supposed To Be Manifested? (Eze. 3:18-21; Jud 21-24)
· God has designated us as His watchmen, fire officers or swimming life guards
o As a lifeguard, sound the alarm when they cross the red line.
o As a watchman, warn them of impending danger on their lives.
o As a fire officer, rescue them from the fire.
What Are The Consequences Of Disobedience In Evangelism?
· God will require the blood of sinners from our hands (Eze 3:18)
· The Divine Hand of God will push us to do it (Acts 8:1, Jon 1:7)
· God always has substitutes on His bench
How Did God Intervene When His People Disobeyed
· The Story of Jonah (Jon 1:7-17)
o God gives second chances
o God’s salvation is not restricted to any select group. Available to all
o God’s mercy for Nineveh vs Jonah’s mercy for the plant (Jon 4:5-11)
o God’s destruction of the plant vs Jonah’s wish for the destruction of Nineveh
o Like Jonah, do we not value the temporary blessings that God brings our way to comfort us, yet we wish evil for the people who we perceive as enemies
· The First Persecution of the Church (Acts 1:8; 8:1)
What Happened When Others Disobeyed?
· Some parts of North Africa and Asia were known to be the seats of Christianity
What Would Have Happened If Others Broke The Chain Of Obedience?
· The message would never have come to Africa
So What Should We Do?
· Show Video And Discuss
· That God will reignite the fire of passion in our hearts
· That God will send more workers to the field
· Grace to demonstrate our obedience
· God will open the hearts of people and subdue minds which exalt themselves against the knowledge of Christ (2 Cor 4:3-4;10:4,5)